All family history centers in North America now have a Lexmark multifunctional printer (MFP). You may be using your new Lexmark as a printer and copier and not even realize that it has an amazing capability to scan directly to Family Tree! It is easy to attach scanned photos and documents to ancestor pages. As a bonus, you can also share these uploaded photos and documents with family and friends through social media. See the steps to scan photos or documents and then send they to your own account in FamilySearch Family Tree.
- You should see a FamilySearch icon on the Lexmark scanner display screen.
- Click this icon, and then enter your FamilySearch username and password when prompted to do so. Click the word Next whenever it appears.
- Be sure to choose your type of scan. Is it a photo or a document?
- Place your document on the scanner bed. Remember: Do not use the autofeed feature!
- Scan and upload your document.