Family Tree Overview
1. This is a four hour class taught in
two, two hour sessions.
2. The class is lecture, power-point
3. A CD is given to each student
containing the class concepts and a printable manual.
4. Students may ask questions.
5. The class is taught by Dennis Weist
Family Tree Elements
1. This is a four day class taught in
two hour sessions each time.
2. This class is a hands-on computer
3. Each student has a computer to
work through each concept
4. Students may ask questions and
get computer help.
5. The class is taught by Dianne
Both Teachers Cover The Following Topics:
2. Adding husband and wife names
3. Adding children
4. Adding birth, marriage, death information
5. Adding additional extended family members
6. How to make changes and/or corrections
7. Adding proof of the information you added/changed
8. Learning to merge needed records
9. Finding Sources on FamilySearch
10. Adding and deleting sources to FamilyTree records
11. Learning how to use "My Source Box"
12. Adding custom events
13. Learning to Tag, Reserve, and Print Ordinance
14. And more