Some of the Questions To Be Covered
- Where do I find instructions for uploading Photos or adding Stories?
- Where do I find instructions for editing tags or links in Memories?
- Where can I find out how to delete a document?
- I would like to attach a document to an existing source.
- What can I do in Memories?
- And Much More - Click "Read More" below.
- 1. How to Add Memories (Photos, Stories, Documents, Albums): Important: Before you upload items to Memories, be sure to review the rules: "Images and Stories Uploaded to FamilySearch Memories."
Instructions to add any of the elements in Memories :
- Go to: https://familysearch.org/ and sign in.
- Hover your mouse over Memories.
- Click the section in Memories (see the 5 below) that you want to view or work in:
- Photos--Upload, view, and edit photos that you have added.
- Stories--Add new, view, and edit stories that you have previously added.
- Documents--Upload new, view, and edit documents that you have added.
- People--View personal albums for the people you have tagged or who are related to you.
- Albums--Create albums to organize your memories by people, place, or event.
- Click Family Tree.
- Click a person in your tree.
- Click Person on the Summary Card.
- Go to the Sources section to see sources with documents that are added from the person album.
- Click the Memories tab to see the person's entire album
2. Photos and Documents - Use the following links for information.
- Uploading a photo to Memories (53969)
- Photo and document statuses (56310)
- Red Exclamation Mark in Memories (56841)
- Rotating an image in Memories. (56516)
- Change a photo to a document or a document to a photo (57054)StoriesAdding a story in FamilySearch Memories (56260)
- Timed out when I tried to save my story (56452)
- Adding an image to a story in Memories (69447)
3. Deleting from Memories Photos and Documents
5. Title - All
6. Description- All
- Adding or Editing the description of a photo (56437)
- Finding images or stories by names or words in the title or description (56410)
7. Comments- All
8. Tagging- All
- Why tag a photo in Family Tree? (53965)
- Tagging photos of different people who have the same name (53975)
- Red Exclamation Marks in Memories (56841)
- Editing a tag that you created in Memories (53971)
- Multiple Tags for the same person in Memories (57077)
12. Linking to a Person in Family Tree-All
- Linking a photo tag to an ancestor's ID in Family Tree (53968)
- Fixing a broken link to a person in Family Tree (53974)
- Correcting photo tags and links to the wrong person in Family Tree (56504)
13. Memories in Family TreeFamily Tree
- Changing the preferred portrait (53979)
- Portrait changed to another photo tag (56430)
- Using a document as a portrait (58344)
- Deleted photo shows as portrait in Family Tree (58345)
- Correcting the preferred portrait in Family Tree shows the entire picture (56427)
- Adding Photos, Documents, or Stories of a living person to Family Tree (57079)
- Using Albums in Memories (66357)
- Deleting an Album I created (56837)
- Adding and removing images and stories from an Album in Memories (68286)
- Album main screen photo (56541)
- Who can see my photos? (53967)
- Viewing my relationship to people in Memories (56503)
- Using People in Memories (81724)
15. Family Tree Sources Family Tree Person
16. Sharing Memories -All
17. How to Find the Contributor
18. FAQs - All
- Rules for images and stories uploaded to FamilySearch Memories (53980)
- Navigating the Photo viewer in Memories (69434)
- Badges or Blue Circles with Numbers (56842)
- Orange Banner across corner of Photos (56458)
20. Known Issues
- Known issues using Internet Explorer with Photos and Stories (56205)
- Photos and Stories known issues (56847)